7/20/2005

John Hislop, TM Leader

John Hislop was a leader of TM in America before he became a follower of Baba and
wrote My Baba And I.


JH: I write many letters to Swami about activities, problems and
accomplishments in the American Sai
Organization. But often I think it is silly to describe problems
and events, since I know from my own direct
experience that Swami is omnipresent and knows all about the
events.

SAI: People start to think they need do
nothing, that Swami will do everything! Then they do not bother
to do even their daily duty. In spiritual life, the
relationship between you and Swami is heart to heart. But in
worldly life, Swami has given you work to do. This
requires work in the world, activity in the world. You are
required to do your duty to the very limit of the task. So
far as writing is concerned, the writing of letters to Swami is
for your satisfaction.

JH: For my satisfaction, Swami?

SAI: Yes, for your satisfaction. You write to Swami, and your
mind is then free of the matter. It is not that Swami
does not know. Suppose you withhold some troublesome point, you
then have a guilty feeling. But you tell Swami,
and there is no guilty feeling. Do your duty fully and
completely
in the work which Swami has given to you.

Quoted in
My Baba and I, pp 214, 215.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home